OSCE deputy chief monitor to Ukraine: 'Moving the positions forward is a violation of the Minsk agreements'
Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Deputy Chief Monitor to Ukraine Alexander Hug has rejected the possibility of changing the contact line between the sides in the Donbas conflict.
Moving the positions forward is a violation of the Minsk agreements, Hug told reporters on Thursday.
Read also: Within next two years will be no local elections on occupied Donbas territories - CEC
Earlier on Thursday, the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) proposed redrawing the line of contact between the conflicting parties in Donbas.
"I have this proposal: the line of contact should be updated at Minsk meetings. They are no longer relevant," Ruslan Yakubov of the DPR defense ministry told OSCE Deputy Chief Monitor to Ukraine Alexander Hug on Thursday.