Foreign ministry: Russia ignoring all Ukrainian requests for meeting with Sentsov
Russia has not taken any action in response to the numerous requests of Ukrainian diplomats for a meeting with Ukrainian film director Oleh Sentsov, who is held in penal colony, press secretary for Foreign Ministry of Ukraine Mariana Betsa has said.
“All of our appeals, I mean appeals by our Embassy in the Russian Federation and the consulate in Novosibirsk, for a meeting with Oleh Sentsov have been ignored,” Betsa said in an exclusive comment on Oct. 5.
She also noted that in the past four months numerous requests were sent for a meeting with the prisoner. They all were ignored by Russia.
It was reported earlier that in August 2015, Russia’s North Caucasus District Military Court found Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko guilty of establishing a terrorist group in Crimea, committing two terrorist attacks and plotting another one, and an attempt to acquire explosive devices. The two were also convicted of illegal storage of weapons. Sentsov was given 20 years in prison and Kolchenko 10 years.
Kyiv has repeatedly said that the Sentsov-Kolchenko case is politically motivated.