Authorization

Ukraine to keep Debaltseve under its control - Ukrainian presidential administration

Ukraine to keep Debaltseve under its control - Ukrainian presidential administrationUkraine intends to continue defending the division line in Donbas that was registered in Minsk on September 19, 2014, the Ukrainian presidential administration said.

"We constantly insist on going back to the division line of September 19, 2014. There is a considerable difference between the line of September 19, 2014 and of February 15, 2015, by which point almost 1,500 square kilometers had been taken over by Russian militants," Deputy Head of the Ukrainian Presidential Administration Kostiantyn Yeliseyev said in an interview with Interfax-Ukraine.

He said it is important that the sides in Berlin recognize that all three agreements earlier achieved within the Minsk framework are fundamental for the Donbas settlement. "It is vital to us because Russia has urged a revision of this policy and its non-recognition. We will seek the beginning of demilitarization on the example of Debaltseve, restoration of the functioning of all self-government bodies there, the start of normal life there. It's our territory, which should be under Ukrainian control according to the September 19 line," Yeliseyev said.

"Of course, this issue drew a negative reaction from the Russian side because this issue will not be easy during the debate," he said.
.
See also:
Leave a comment
TOP Video
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Декабрь 2016    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031