Authorization

American sues Samsung over exploded phone

American sues Samsung over exploded phoneFlorida man on Friday filed a lawsuit against Samsung Electronics Co., saying he suffered severe burns after his Galaxy Note 7 smartphone exploded in his front pants pocket.

The lawsuit by Jonathan Strobel may be the first in the United States by a Samsung phone user against the South Korean company over a battery defect linked to the Note 7.

It was filed one day after Samsung recalled about 1 million Note 7s sold in the United States.

“We don’t comment on pending litigation. We are urging all Note 7 owners to power their device down and exchange it immediately,”
Samsung spokeswoman Danielle Meister Cohen said in an email.

Strobel, 28, of Boca Raton, said he was in a Costco store in Palm Beach Gardens on Sept. 9 when his Note 7 exploded. He said the phone burned directly through his pants, resulting in severe burns on his right leg. Strobel said he was also severely burned on his left thumb, after he reached over to try to remove the phone from his pants.

“He has a deep second-degree burn, roughly the size of the phone, on his right thigh. Unfortunately for my client the recall came too late,” Strobel’s lawyer Keith Pierro said.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other alleged injuries. It was filed in a Florida state court in Palm Beach County.
.
See also:
Leave a comment
TOP Video
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Декабрь 2016    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031