Authorization

Syrian man behind deadly Ankara car bomb attack

Syrian man behind deadly Ankara car bomb attackTurkish media reports say a Syrian national was behind the attack in Ankara that killed at least 28 people and wounded dozens of others.

Yeni Safak, a newspaper close to the government, said Thursday that the man who detonated the car bomb Wednesday that targeted buses carrying military personnel was identified from his fingerprints. It said he had been registered as a refugee in Turkey.

Pro-government Sabah newspaper said the man was linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party, or PKK.

A government official couldn't confirm the reports.

The explosion occurred during evening rush hour in the heart of Ankara, in an area close to parliament and armed forces headquarters and lodgings.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility although suspicion fell on the PKK and the Islamic State group.

Source: Associated Press
.
See also:
Leave a comment
TOP Video
News
  • Latest
  • Read
  • Commented
Calendar Content
«    Декабрь 2016    »
ПнВтСрЧтПтСбВс
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031